Wednesday 9 March 2011

Filming establishing shots.

The filming of our establishing shots for our sequence went well today. It took us much longer than anticipated just like our other attempts at filming. This was mainly due to the fact that we hadn't tried these shots before so we took various from different angles in order to have various shots to work with and to include within our footage. We realised as we went along also how certain shots which we had planned on using wouldn't work and instead we needed to do other shots from different angles, our advantage this time was that we had used the equipment previously and were now a lot more confident with using it and were able to try different shots as we now had more experience with the camera and we're starting to learn what does and doesn't work and how to make the shots look better.


I am now beginning to add the footage to what we have already edited in order to see what it looks like with our new shots in between to establish the changes in the rooms. I have added in the shots and now need to cut them down so that they fit properly but I am already very happy with the establishing shots and I am glad that our teacher pointed it out to us because now our opening already looks so much better and now that we have changed it I can see how previously it actually made very little sense unlike now where the footage flows more and is easier for an audience to understand. I am leaving the titles for our group to edit though although I am changing the way in which they are laid out on a black screen and instead putting them over our shots which allows us with more time during the footage so we are able to lay down the new shots. I am leaving the font to the other two members of my group as firstly that is one of  Sareenas job to find different fonts and choose them according to our genre and also because I believer the font is something the whole group should have a say on. Whilst editing I have also listened to our choice in music over and over as it plays whilst I edit the clips and I have decided that it needs to be changed straight away as when listening to it the music has a very oriental sound and I don't believe that it goes with the opening and I know that the others agree that the music isn't a perfect match so we now also have to find some new music to include. Overall I am happy with the progress we have made in such a short space of time however I would change the way we have gone about this if I was able to as I don't believe our time at the start was organised very productively due to several reasons and now that has had a larger impact than we had imaged on the amount we needed to do so quickly despite the teachers reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment